Are you want to delete all WordPress comments from your site? Good News! You don’t need any coding or plugin to delete all comments from your WordPress site. WordPress has an inbuilt feature to delete comments and you can easily delete all existing comments from your WordPress site. There are also other ways to delete all WordPress comments like you may delete them by using a WordPress plugin or by using phpMyAdmin. In this tutorial, we will show you how to delete permanently all existing comments from your posts and pages step by step.
After deleting all the comments from your site, you will not get back them again. The only way to get back them is to take a backup and restore your site again. So, make sure you have taken backup your site before deleting comments.
Method 1: Delete All WordPress Comments via WordPress Dashboard
1. Login to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Go to the ‘Comments’ section.
3. Select all comments and then choose ‘Move to Trash‘ from the dropdown box of Bulk Actions. Click on Apply. It will move all WordPress comments to the ‘Trash’ folder. Then go ‘Trash’ folder on the top and delete all the comments permanently from the ‘Trash’ folder. Note that before deleting comments from the ‘Trash’ folder, you will able to move them to the ‘All’ comment folder in case if you change your mind.
Method 2: Delete All WordPress Comments Using Plugin
If you don’t want to delete all WordPress comments manually using the WordPress dashboard, then another way to delete them by using a plugin. Using a plugin, you will able to delete all WordPress comments with a single click. Let’s follow the steps below.
1. Install and activate the Bulk Delete Comments plugin.
2. Go to the plugin dashboard and click on the ‘Delete’ button next to the ‘Delete All Comments’. It will bulk delete all comments from your WordPress site.
You can do also many things using this plugin like delete spam comments, unapproved comments, Trash comments. If you want, you can also able to delete all comments form a specific category, post, page.
Method 3: How To Delete All WordPress Comments Permanently Using phpMyAdmin
If you are comfortable using phpMyAdmin, you may delete all comments using the phpMyAdmin panel. You just need to follow the few steps below.
1. Login to your cPanel of your hosting account.
2. Go to phpMyAdmin section.
3. Under your phpMyAdmin dashboard, open your WordPress database table. Form your database table, locate and then select the wp_commentmeta and wp_comments as you see in the picture below.
4. Now scroll down to the bottom of the database table and then select ‘Empty’ from the ‘With selected’ dropdown box.
5. Once you select ‘Empty’, it will ask to confirm with a warning message (Do you really want to execute the following query). Click on the ‘Yes’ button and continue. It will delete all comments from your WordPress site.
We hoped that this tutorial is helped you to delete all comments from your WordPress site. Once you delete comments permanently, you will not get back them again. Therefore another solution is to disable the WordPress comments without deleting them.